North Carolina Environmental Organizations
- iMatter Youth NC - The North Carolina chapter of iMatter Youth–Kids vs. Global Warming creates a community for committed young people across North Carolina, offering ways for them to become engaged and to take action for the future of our beautiful planet.
- Transition Durham - Our mission is to help build mutually supportive resilient communities that are self reliant in terms of energy, food and other resources, allowing us to minimize the impact from the challenges of climate change, the end of cheap oil, and an uncertain economy.
- Alliance for Climate Education North Carolina - ACE's mission is to educate high school students on the science behind climate change and inspire them to take action to curb global warming.
- Redesigning Our Future - Catawba College Center for the Environment - Two leading organizations - the Center for the Environment at Catawba College and Rocky Mountain Institute - are partnering to provide an opportunity for young environmental leaders to learn, create, share, interact, grow, connect, and build relationships.
- Recyclique - We are a non-profit co-op shop devoted to creative re-use and sustainability.
- Transition Carrboro-Chapel Hill - Working towards a vibrant Carrboro-Chapel Hill future that meets the challenges of economic instability, climate change, and the end of cheap oil.
- Clean Water for North Carolina -A nonprofit organization promoting clean, safe water and empowered, just communities through community organizing, advocacy, education and technical assistance, with offices in Durham and Asheville.
- Canary Coalition - A true grassroots clean air movement.
- NC Conservation Network- The NC Conservation Network supports, trains and coordinates diverse groups and directly advocates to achieve equitable and sustainable solutions for our environment.
- NC Sustainable Energy Association -The North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association works to ensure a sustainable future by promoting renewable energy and energy efficiency to the benefit of North Carolina through education, public policy and economic development.
- Sierra Club North Carolina Chapter -Since 1892, the Sierra Club has been working to protect communities, wild places, and the planet itself. We are the oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States.
- Citizens Climate Lobby -Citizens Climate Lobby is a non-profit, grassroots advocacy organization focused on national policies to address climate change. We train and support volunteers to reclaim their democracy and engage elected officials and the media to generate the political will for solutions that will stabilize the Earth’s climate.
- NC WARN - NC WARN is a nonprofit organization tackling the accelerating crisis posed by climate change by working for a swift North Carolina transition to energy efficiency and clean power.
- North Carolina Interfaith Power & Light - North Carolina Interfaith Power & Light works with faith communities to address the causes and consequences of global climate change and promotes practical, hope-filled responses through education, outreach and public policy advocacy.
Do you have a climate or environmental organization in North Carolina? Let us know!